Call for Proposals
The OpenSimulator Community Conference 2018 Call for Proposals is now open! The OpenSimulator Community Conference 2018 wants everyone to know what is exciting about our favorite social 3D platform. We are looking for those individuals or groups at the forefront who are shaping the Metaverse, hosting exciting activities, and changing the game to bring the WOWNESS. This year’s conference will focus on the visions for the future and the evolution of the platform. The conference features a concentrated series of talks on December 8th-8th on the main stage featuring Creative, Education, Technical, and Experiential topics.
The speaker sessions offer 20-minute presentations to engage the mind while the community-sponsored tours, and on the Expo regions, content give-aways and Hypergrid explorations take attendees to faraway places. We are particularly interested in speakers who dramatically tell the story of their work and employ great 3D examples as props and graphics.
The organizers encourage presentations that span current innovations and activities, performance artistry, educational simulations, innovative business cases or have a publication or track record of real-world use.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- October 1, 2018 – Announcement of the Call for Proposals!
- October 22, 2018 – Proposals are due by 11:59 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time).
- October 29, 2018 – Proposal acceptance emails and with conference information.
- November 3, 2018 – Accepted speakers must register for the conference to create an entry in the conference schedule and the program.
- November 10, 2018 – Speaker Orientation & Training sessions and Presenter Booth Setup to prepare speakers for the conference.
- November 17, 2018 – Deadline for stage props and audio-visuals (beyond textures) for the conference program.
- December 8-9, 2018 – OSCC18 – Conference dates – Bring the WOWness!
Submit a Proposal
To submit a proposal, complete the Proposal Submission form in the fields below and describe your session and the theme. If you have questions or need more information, please contact the conference organizers. Thank you! The themes feature:
We look forward to reviewing your submissions!