Call for Proposals
The OpenSimulator Community Conference 2016 Call for Proposals is now open! The OpenSimulator Community Conference 2016 wants everyone to know what is exciting about our favorite social 3D platform. We are looking for those individuals or groups on the forefront who are shaping the Metaverse, hosting exciting activities, and changing the game to bring the WOWNESS. This year’s conference will focus on the visions for the future and the evolution of the platform. The conference features a concentrated series of talks on December 10th-11th on the main stage in the Creative, Education, Techie, and Experiential tracks.
The speaker sessions offer 20-minute presentations to engage the mind while the community-sponsored tours, content give-aways and Hypergrid explorations take attendees to far away places. We are particularly interested in speakers that can dramatically tell the story of their work and employ great props and graphics.
The organizers encourage presentations that span current innovations and activities, performance artistry, educational simulations, innovative business cases or have a publication or track record of real world use.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- September 12, 2016 – Announcement of the Call for Proposals!
- October 9, 2016 – Proposals are due by 11:59 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time).
- October 23, 2016 – Those submitting proposals will receive an email from the conference organizers with acceptance details and more information.
- October 30, 2016 – Accepted speakers must register for the conference in order to be included in the conference schedule and the program.
- November 19, 2016 – Any custom content, props, and audio-visuals must be submitted to be included in the conference program.
- November 19, 2016 – Presenter Orientation & Training sessions to prepare speakers for the conference and to setup your Presenter Booth.
- December 10-11, 2016 – OSCC16 takes place – Bring the WOWness!
- December 11, 2016 – OSCC Hypergrid tour and other community events
Submit a Proposal
To submit a proposal, complete the Proposal Submission form in the fields below and describe your session and the track. If you have questions or need more information, please contact the conference organizers. Thank you!
We look forward to reviewing your submissions!