OpenSimulator Community Conference 2017 Crowdfunder Campaign
THE CROWDFUNDER CAMPAIGN HAS ENDED!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED THE CONFERENCE!
The goal of the OpenSimulator Community Conference is to bring together developers, grid administrators, users, and enthusiasts who share an interest in the future of the metaverse to push the OpenSimulator platform forward and to strengthen the OpenSimulator community.
OPEN SOURCE = COMMUNITY SUPPORTED
As an open source project, OpenSimulator relies on the generosity of its developer community and user base to contribute towards its future growth, and the OpenSimulator Community Conference is a similarly crowdfunded endeavor.
WHERE THE MONEY GOES
Donations are used to cover the costs to run and produce the conference, which includes grid and web server hosting and management costs, paid web services such as the online schedule service, ad-free streaming video services that we hope to offer this year, honoraria fees for keynote speakers, and AvaCon’s professional event management services. Obviously some portion of the donations will also go to cover shipping and postage of physical items depending upon the level of donation or sponsorship selected.
By supporting the conference, you can help improve the OpenSimulator software! For example, there were a number of exciting outcomes as a result of last year’s OpenSimulator Community Conference:
- Over 1000+ code commits and patches were submitted to the OpenSimulator core code!
- Simulator load capacity and stability was substantially improved!
- OpenSimulator developers and viewer developers met together for the very first time!
- The dreaded “4096” bug that limited HyperGrid teleports was resolved!
- Over 400 unique attendees, with HyperGrid visitors from 45 different grids participated in discussing how to improve OpenSimulator!
- Hours and hours of archive videos were curated and uploaded to YouTube for future viewing!
What will this year’s OpenSimulator Community Conference 2017 bring to the community?
David W. Deeds
Allen Partridge (Virtually Human)
Sally S. Cherry
Giovanni De Gasperis
The Vesuvius Group
Dr Jennifer Bolton
Legacy Remnant Networks
Kim Anubis/Kim Rufer-Bach
The Health Grid