Call for Proposals
The OpenSimulator Community Conference 2017 Call for Proposals is now open! The OpenSimulator Community Conference 2017 wants everyone to know what is exciting about our favorite social 3D platform. We are looking for those individuals or groups on the forefront who are shaping the Metaverse, hosting exciting activities, and changing the game. This year’s conference will focus on the visions for the future and the evolution of the platform. The conference features a concentrated series of talks on December 9th-10th on the main stage featuring Creative, Education, Technical, and Experiential topics.
The speaker sessions offer 20-minute presentations to engage the mind while the community-sponsored tours, and on the Expo regions, content give-aways and Hypergrid explorations take attendees to faraway places. We are particularly interested in speakers who dramatically tell the story of their work and employ great 3D examples as props and graphics.
The organizers encourage presentations that span current innovations and activities, performance artistry, educational simulations, innovative business cases or have a publication or track record of real world use.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- September 12, 2017 – Announcement of the Call for Proposals!
- October 19, 2017 – Proposals are due by 11:59 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time).
- October 23, 2017 – Proposal acceptance emails and with conference information.
- October 29, 2017 – Accepted speakers must register for the conference to create an entry in the conference schedule and the program.
- November 11, 2017 – Speaker Orientation & Training sessions and Presenter Booth Setup to prepare speakers for the conference.
- November 18, 2017 – Deadline for stage props and audio-visuals (beyond textures) for conference program.
- December 9-10, 2017 – OSCC17 – Conference dates – Bring the WOWness!
- December 10, 2017 – OSCC Hypergrid tour and community events.
Submit a Proposal
To submit a proposal, select the appropriate track below and enter your information in the Proposal Submission Form. If you have questions or need more information, please contact the conference organizers. Thank you!
We look forward to reviewing your submissions!