Content Donation Form
Thank you for your interest in making a donation of content to the OpenSimulator Community Conference! There are two primary areas where we are asking members of the community to consider making a donation of content:
- Shopping Center Region – Last year, we received feedback from attendees that they wanted more options to customize their local account avatars. We appreciate donations of avatar components, skins, hair, shapes, avatar clothing, attachments, or accessories. Items, boxes, or display stands may be branded with your name or logo!
- Open Metaverse Challenge Quest – Attendees can participate in a fun exploration game to learn more about OpenSimulator and the quest to create an open Metaverse. Contribute items for prizes and give-aways in the game!
We appreciate contributions to either of these endeavors and many thanks to those who have already donated!
Authorization to Grant a License
Before we can accept a donation, we need to be sure that the content being donated is properly licensed. The OpenSimulator Community Conference is organized as a joint production by AvaCon, Inc. and the Overte Foundation, collectively the “Conference Organizers“. It is important that any items donated to the conference are properly licensed for use by Conference Organizers and that all parties are clear on what those license terms are before the donation of content is made.
In order to make a donation of content, you must verify the following conditions:
- You are the sole creator/owner of the donated content, or you are authorized to make a license grant
- You are able to legally certify that the item does not infringe any other third party’s rights
- You are willing to grant a broad license to the Conference Organizers for the use and distribution of the content
The license must be a broad license to share and redistribute the content. If you are not comfortable agreeing to such a broad license, then you should not donate the material.
How to Donate Content
Your donation must be in the form of a file uploaded to this website. We cannot accept the donation of objects “in-world” because we need a legally acceptable record of all donations. By making a donation of any of the following file types, you certify and agree that the terms of the license apply to ALL content included in the file, archive, or compressed file(s):
- .oar – OpenSimulator Archive (OAR) – We recommend saving the OAR file with the –home switch to preserve the names of all content creators. For more information see: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OpenSim_Archives
- .iar – OpenSimulator Inventory Archive (IAR) – We recommend saving the IAR file with the –home=<url> switch to preserve the names of all content creators. For more information see: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Inventory_Archives
- .xml – XML Object Export – Both the Singularity and Firestorm viewers permit objects to be exported as an XML file. Typically the objects and its textures can be exported, but the contents inside an object will not be exported. In addition, the creator information is not preserved when using this import/export method. Rather, the object will appear to be created by the local account that imports the object.
- .dae – Collada Format – Both the Singularity and Firestorm viewers, as well as a variety of 3D modeling programs such as Maya, Blender, 3DS Max, etc. permit objects to be exported as a Collada file. Typically the creator information is not preserved when using this import/export method. Rather, the object will appear to be created by the local account that imports the object.
- Other archive file type such as: .zip, .rar, .gz, .7z – These compressed archive file types can be accepted so long as the contents in the archive are file types included in the above list.
If you wish to donate material to the Conference Organizers, and you are comfortable granting a broad license to the Conference Organizers, and you can guarantee that you are the sole owner of the item, or authorized to make such a license grant, and that the item does not infringe any other third party’s rights, then please complete the form below.
While we appreciate the generosity of our donors, acceptance of a file uploaded through this form does not obligate Conference Organizers to utilize any of the content or rights granted in this Agreement. Use of donated content is at the sole discretion of the Conference Organizers.
THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT